Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Food Journal?

So ive read that a food journal is one of many ways to help people lose weight. I personally find it a bit over-the-top. I honestly cant see myself writing down everything that i eat, just to keep track of my calorie intake. But then, if i cant see myself doing that, maybe i cant see myself ever losing weight.

This actually takes me back 5 years ago when i was religiously following the Atkin's Diet. It was a pretty intense diet to follow, and happened to be the first and last diet i ever tried. Despite the diet being mentally and physically challenging, i have to say it actually payed off. I steadily lost 3 pounds a week, which is a healthy amount to lose in the space of 7 days. The downside of it however, was gaining it straight back once you stopped. So all in all it turned out to be an epic fail :) What i think helped me with this diet was recording everything i ate in a day.Then only i realised how much i was really eating.
Ive decided now that writing down what i eat, is not entirely a bad idea. Fingers crossed i will succeed!!

Weight lost this week : 2 Pounds
Laters xx

2 comments:

  1. keep it up babe! i cant do the food journal, not even watching my diet. i only cut down nasi n will drag my ass to do light exercise at home.

    i really hate exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! I'm starting a diet too. I can't fit into my baju kurung for gods sake!!! Shhhhhh :p all the best!

    ReplyDelete